Friday, July 16, 2010

Eclipse, It Was!

And a total eclipse it was!Darkness hovered all around which made it unbearable by the minute. It was not like I was expecting much from this third part of the Twilight Saga anyways. It never quite caught my interest. But hearing all the hype and being surrounded by some ardent fans, I basically gave in to watching this movie. & I thought why not give it a chance, it definitely would be an awesome experience to watch a vampire movie in Transylvania out of all places! The land of Vlad the Dracula ( maybe a distant cousins of the vampires). Well to me, Vampires or Draculas, what difference does it make, they're all the same... & Yes we did get to see a Romanian flag in the movie, rightly and proudly pointed by my brother :) Coming back to the movie, I think it is blatantly clear that acting is poor. I know it is supposedly this heartfelt love story between Bella and Edward, but I fail to see any spark there or the reason for the sexual tension between Bella and Werewolf boy! Nothing makes sense, even Bella's apparent confusion between vampire Edward or werewolf Jacob!! I thought she was madly in loooveee with Edward and that was the basis of the movie. Apparently noooot, coz she's all messed up in the head!! The movie is so slooowwwww, and too predictable, it leaves no room for the activation of our neurones! I have to say I don't understand why The Twilight Saga has become such a huge success, why were the cast on Oprah, why are there fan following all around the world! It just makes no sense, when u have a beau Ian Somerhalder in Vampire Diaries(verging on cheese here, but I can;t help it)! Anyways I don't think it is worth analysing in detail, coz there is not much that can be said. If I may say, I think Vlad would have been very disapponited!

2 comments:

  1. i hate it when it is so easy to guess what is gonna happen in a movie. all these romantic comedies are also very predictable and full of cliche therefore so boring. i just watch to kill time, check out the fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i trust your critique on this film tina and i can not even force my self to see it.
    i ve tried once- the first one or maybe the second - and couldn t stand it for 15 minutes

    ReplyDelete