Saturday, September 25, 2010

'Joe's Palace' and 'Capturing Mary'

Both films are written and directed by Stephen Poliakoff in 2007. What i like about them is the use of architecture, space and the landscape. I loved to see how the characters interact with the environment, how they are affected by the architecture and space emotionally. The house, the park were portrayed as characters as well. Each scene hypnotized me. I wasn't interested in the plot actually but i just wanted to look at the screen. I was drawn. Just by looking at the visions you experience the emotions. It can be your emotions as well not necessarily the characters'. You travel with them and feel the power of the empty and robust house on the characters. The environment, the music, the slow and smooth camera movements invite you to join the journey.

So, you've got two recommendations from me at 5 am:)
love,
Şeyda

No comments:

Post a Comment